PART 2Energy-Using Products (continued)
DIVISION 10Commercial Refrigeration (continued)
SUBDIVISION DWalk-in Freezer and Walk-in Cooler Components (continued)
667 For the purpose of subsection 5(1) of the Act, the following information must be collected in accordance with 10 C.F.R. Appendix C and provided to the Minister in respect of a walk-in refrigeration system:
(a) its annual walk-in energy factor;
(b) information that indicates whether it is designed and marketed for use indoors, outdoors or both;
(c) information that indicates if it is for use in a walk-in cooler or walk-in freezer;
(d) information that indicates if it has a unit cooler or a dedicated condensing refrigeration system; and
(e) if it is a walk-in freezer unit cooler or dedicated condensing refrigeration system, its net refrigeration capacity expressed in watts.
- SOR/2018-201, s. 76
- SOR/2019-163, s. 53
[668 to 702 reserved]
DIVISION 11Dry-type Transformers
703 The following definitions apply in this Division.
- CSA C802.2
CSA C802.2 means the CSA standard CAN/CSA-C802.2-00 entitled Minimum Efficiency Values for Dry-Type Transformers. (CSA C802.2)
- CSA C802.2-12
CSA C802.2-12 means the CSA standard CAN/CSA-C802.2-12 entitled Minimum efficiency values for dry-type transformers. (CSA C802.2-12)
- dry-type transformer
dry-type transformer means a transformer whose core and windings are in a gaseous or dry compound insulating medium and that is either single-phase with a nominal power of 15 to 833 kVA or three-phase with a nominal power of 15 to 7 500 kVA, has a nominal frequency of 60 Hz and has a high voltage winding of 35 kV or less. It does not include any of the following:
(a) an autotransformer;
(b) a drive (isolation) transformer that has two or more output windings or a nominal low-voltage line current of more than 1 500 A;
(c) a grounding transformer;
(d) a rectifier transformer;
(e) a sealed transformer;
(f) a non-ventilated transformer;
(g) a testing transformer;
(h) a furnace transformer;
(i) a welding transformer;
(j) a special impedance transformer;
(k) a transformer that has a nominal low-voltage line current of 4 000 A or more;
(l) an on-load regulating transformer;
(m) a resistance grounding transformer; or
(n) a transformer that is in a voltage class greater than 1.2 kV and that has a BIL of less than 20 kV or more than 199 kV. (transformateur à sec)
- 10 C.F.R. Appendix A
10 C.F.R. Appendix A means Appendix A to Subpart K, Part 431 of Title 10 to the United States Code of Federal Regulations, entitled Uniform Test Method for Measuring the Energy Consumption of Distribution Transformers, as amended from time to time. (appendice A 10 C.F.R.)
transformer means a static-electric device that consists of two or more coils of insulated wire, together with the necessary accessories, and that transfers alternating current by electromagnetic induction from one coil to another to change the original voltage. (transformateur)
- SOR/2018-201, s. 77
Marginal note:Energy-using product
(2) However, a dry-type transformer is not considered to be an energy-using product
Marginal note:Energy efficiency standards — manufactured before January 1, 2016
705 (1) In respect of dry-type transformers that were manufactured on or after January 1, 2005 and before January 1, 2016, the energy efficiency standards set out in column 2 of the table to this section apply to dry-type transformers that were manufactured during the periods set out in column 3.
Marginal note:Testing standard
(2) A dry-type transformer complies with the energy efficiency standard if it meets that standard when tested in accordance with testing procedures established by the standard referred to in column 1 that are applicable to a dry-type transformer as defined in section 703.
Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Item Standard Energy Efficiency Standard Period of Manufacture 1 CSA C802.2 CSA C802.2, Table 1 On or after January 1, 2005 and before January 1, 2010 2 CSA C802.2-12 CSA C802.2-12, Table 1 On or after January 1, 2010 and before January 1, 2016
- SOR/2018-201, s. 78
Marginal note:Energy efficiency standard — single-phase and 1.2 kV voltage class
705.1 (1) In respect of dry-type transformers that are single-phase, in the 1.2 kV voltage class and manufactured on or after January 1, 2016, the energy efficiency standards set out in column 2 of Table 1 to this section apply to dry-type transformers that have a kVA rating described in column 1.
Marginal note:Energy efficiency standards — single-phase and voltage class greater than 1.2 kV
(2) In respect of dry-type transformers that are single-phase, in a voltage class greater than 1.2 kV and manufactured on or after January 1, 2016, the energy efficiency standards that are set out in relation to the product’s BIL rating set out in column 2 of Table 2 to this section apply to dry-type transformers that have a kVA rating set out in column 1.
(3) For the purposes of subsections (1) and (2), if the kVA rating of the product falls between the kVA ratings set out in two consecutive items in column 1 of the applicable table to this section, the energy efficiency standard for the product is an interpolation of the corresponding energy efficiency standards set out in column 2.
Marginal note:Testing standard
(4) A dry-type transformer complies with the energy efficiency standard if it meets that standard when tested in accordance with testing procedures established by 10 C.F.R. Appendix A that are applicable to a dry-type transformer as defined in section 703.
Column 1 Column 2 Item kVA Rating % Efficiency When Tested at 35% of Nominal Load 1 15.0 97.70 2 25.0 98.00 3 37.5 98.20 4 50.0 98.30 5 75.0 98.50 6 100.0 98.60 7 167.0 98.70 8 250.0 98.80 9 333.0 98.90 Column 1 Column 2 Item kVA Rating % Efficiency When Tested at 50% of Nominal Load 20-45 kV BIL > 45-95 kV BIL > 95-199 kV BIL 1 15.0 98.10 97.86 97.60 2 25.0 98.33 98.12 97.90 3 37.5 98.49 98.30 98.10 4 50.0 98.60 98.42 98.20 5 75.0 98.73 98.57 98.53 6 100.0 98.82 98.67 98.63 7 167.0 98.96 98.83 98.80 8 250.0 99.07 98.95 98.91 9 333.0 99.14 99.03 98.99 10 500.0 99.22 99.12 99.09 11 667.0 99.27 99.18 99.15 12 833.0 99.31 99.23 99.20
- SOR/2018-201, s. 79
- Date modified: