(2) An evacuation drill shall be conducted at least once
(3) In addition to the drills referred to in subsections (1) and (2), a fire drill and an evacuation drill shall be conducted
(4) A blowout prevention drill shall be conducted at least once each week that the blowout preventer is in use.
18.15 For every drilling operation and production operation, the employer shall provide a standby craft capable of safely evacuating all employees from the work place.
Condition of Employees
18.16 No employee shall work where that employee’s ability to function is impaired as a result of fatigue, illness, alcohol, drugs or any other condition that may be hazardous to the safety or health of any employee at the work place.
- SOR/94-165, s. 76(F)
18.17 Section 18.16 does not apply in the event of an emergency at the work place that may be hazardous to the safety or health of employees.
Notices and Records
(2) Every employer shall keep a record of all emergency drills and evacuation drills carried out by his employees for one year after the drill.
(3) The record referred to in subsection (2) shall contain
(4) A copy of the emergency procedures and emergency evacuation plan prepared for the work place shall be kept readily available for examination by employees.
(5) The employer shall keep a daily record of each employee present at the work place and of each person granted access to the work place.
(6) The record referred to in subsection (5) shall contain
(7) The record referred to in subsection (5) shall be kept by the employer for two months after the date of the last daily entry made therein.
- Date modified: