Mooring and Fastening
(2) The lock-master or Superintendent may change any berth assigned under subsection (1).
(3) Every owner of a vessel shall comply promptly with any order of the lock-master or Superintendent.
27 No person shall throw or deposit refuse into the lock, in the approach, or on the banks of the lock.
28 No vessel carrying on board gunpowder, dynamite, nitro- glycerine or any other explosive, shall pass through the approach or the lock unless written authority is given for such entry or passage by the Minister, and the conditions of that written authority are met.
Traffic on Bridge
(2) No person shall drive a motor vehicle across the bridge at a speed exceeding the limit posted on the bridge or bridge approaches.
Interference with Officials
30 No person shall interfere with or obstruct the Superintendent or lock-master or any other employee while in the execution or performance of the duties of the Superintendent or lock-master or employee.
(a) shall estimate the damages;
(b) shall notify the owner of the vessel in writing, of the estimated damages to be paid; and
(c) may seize and detain that vessel, at the risk of the owner, until the owner has paid those damages or provided security to the Superintendent to cover the amount of damages.
(2) The owner of a vessel referred to in subsection (1) shall, on notification of the estimate of the damages, pay that estimate or provide to the Superintendent sufficient security to cover the amount of damages.
(3) The provision of security in relation to an estimate of damages referred to in subsection (2) shall not relieve the owner from liability to pay the amount set out in the notice referred to in paragraph (1)(b).
(4) Where a vessel is seized and detained pursuant to subsection (1), and the estimated damages are not paid or security for payment for the cost of repair of damage is not made within 30 days following the seizure and detention, the vessel seized and detained may be sold by public auction and the proceeds applied in payment of the damages.
32 Every person who violates any provision of these Regulations is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and is liable to a fine not exceeding $400.
- Date modified: