Corrections and Conditional Release Regulations (SOR/92-620)
- HTMLFull Document: Corrections and Conditional Release Regulations (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Corrections and Conditional Release Regulations [292 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Corrections and Conditional Release Regulations [590 KB]
Regulations are current to 2023-05-17 and last amended on 2019-11-30. Previous Versions
20 (1) In the case of a penitentiary or area in a penitentiary designated as a structured intervention unit, the institutional head shall, for the purpose of making a determination under paragraph 37.3(1)(b) or section 37.4 of the Act, establish a structured intervention unit committee in accordance with Commissioner’s Directives.
(2) Before sending its recommendations with respect to a determination referred to in subsection (1), the structured intervention unit committee shall
(a) give the inmate written notice of the proposed recommendations, including the reasons for the proposed recommendations, and of the date on which a meeting with the inmate with respect to the proposed recommendations will take place;
(b) provide the inmate with an opportunity of at least three working days to prepare representations for that meeting; and
(c) meet with the inmate to explain the reasons for the proposed recommendations and give them an opportunity to make representations with respect to the proposed recommendations in person or, if the inmate prefers, in writing.
(3) As soon as practicable after the scheduled meeting with the inmate, the structured intervention unit committee shall provide its written recommendations as well as the inmate’s representations, if any, to the institutional head, to the Commissioner or to a staff member designated in accordance with paragraph 5(1)(b.1), as the case may be, so that they may make their determination within the timelines set out in the Act.
- Date modified: