Employment Insurance Regulations (SOR/96-332)
- HTMLFull Document: Employment Insurance Regulations (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Employment Insurance Regulations [747 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Employment Insurance Regulations [1344 KB]
Regulations are current to 2023-05-17 and last amended on 2022-09-25. Previous Versions
76.19 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the provincial benefits paid to a claimant in respect of a week in a benefit period are considered to be benefits paid in respect of a week under the Act if the claimant would have been entitled to the corresponding types of benefits under the Act, and any week in respect of which the claimant receives provincial benefits counts as a week for the purpose of calculating
(a) the overall maximum number of weeks for which benefits may be paid in a benefit period under paragraphs 12(3)(a) and (b) of the Act taken together; and
(b) the maximum number of weeks for which benefits may be paid under subsection 12(4) of the Act.
(1.1) A benefit period is deemed to be established when a benefit period was established under a provincial law, and it is deemed to have begun the same week as the period established under the provincial law if the claimant would have been entitled to the corresponding types of benefits under the Act in respect of the same period.
(2) Where a provincial plan provides for the optional payment of provincial benefits at an accelerated rate, such that the maximum amount of a particular type of provincial benefit payable under the plan may be paid to the claimant over fewer weeks, and the claimant is paid those benefits at the accelerated rate, the number of weeks of benefits that those weeks of provincial benefits represent under the Act shall be determined by multiplying the number of weeks of the particular type of provincial benefits paid to the claimant by the result obtained by dividing the maximum number of such weeks of benefits payable at the nonaccelerated rate by the maximum number of such weeks of benefits payable at the accelerated rate.
(3) If the determination of the number of weeks under subsection (2) results in a number that contains a fraction of a week, the number shall be rounded to the nearest multiple of one week or, if the amount is equidistant from two multiples of one week, to the higher multiple.
- SOR/2005-366, s. 1
- SOR/2010-301, s. 8
- Date modified: