Part VIII — Air Navigation Services (continued)
Subpart 1 — Air Traffic Services (continued)
Provision of Air Traffic Services in accordance with ATS Site Manual
801.08 No holder of an ATS operations certificate shall provide air traffic services at an operational location unless the services are provided in accordance with
(a) the ATS site manual; and
(b) in the case of air traffic control services, the Canadian Domestic Air Traffic Control Separation Standards.
Training and Competency of Flight Service Specialists
(a) has successfully completed
(b) has been certified by the holder of the certificate as being competent to perform those functions.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of a person who, under supervision, acts as a flight service specialist while undergoing
(3) The holder of an ATS operations certificate who operates a flight service station shall
(a) maintain, for each person who acts as a flight service specialist, a training record showing the place where and the date on which the person successfully completed the training referred to in paragraph (1)(a); and
(b) at the request of the Minister, provide the Minister with a copy of the training record of any person acting as a flight service specialist at that flight service station.
- SOR/2002-352, s. 7
- SOR/2007-290, s. 12
Provision of Air Traffic Services in Accordance with the ESCAT Plan
801.10 If the holder of an ATS operations certificate is notified by the Minister of National Defence of the implementation of the ESCAT plan, the certificate holder shall ensure that air traffic services are provided to aircraft in accordance with the contents of the plan.
- SOR/2002-352, s. 8
Locations where Air Traffic Services are Available in English and French
(2) Every air traffic control unit set out in Table 3 to this section shall provide air traffic services in English and French.
(3) Every temporary air traffic control unit located in the province of Quebec shall provide air traffic services in English and French.
(4) Every flight service station set out in Table 2 to this section shall provide, between any person operating an aircraft and any air traffic control unit set out in Table 3 to this section, a relay service of IFR air traffic control messages in English or French, as indicated by that person.
TABLE 1Flight Service Stations where Advisory Services are Available in English and French
TABLE 2Flight Service Stations where Relay Services of IFR Air Traffic Control Messages are Available in English and French
TABLE 3Air Traffic Control Units where Advisory Services and Air Traffic Control Services are Available in English and French
801.12 All air traffic control units and flight service stations shall provide aeronautical radiocommunication services in English.
Subpart 2 — Aeronautical Telecommunications
802.01 In this Subpart, aeronautical telecommunications system includes radio navigation aids and aeronautical communications systems.
Aeronautical Telecommunications Systems
(2) No person shall perform a function related to the installation, maintenance or operation of any aeronautical telecommunications equipment unless the person has successfully completed training in the performance of that function and has been certified by the operator of the aeronautical telecommunications system as being competent to perform that function.
(3) A person who operates any equipment that is part of an aeronautical telecommunications system referred to in Annex 10 to the Convention shall, at the request of the Minister, provide the Minister with a copy of the documentation referred to in paragraph (1)(b).
(4) [Repealed, SOR/2020-151, s. 23]
- Date modified: