Qualifications and Training
804.26 A person who assesses runway visibility shall
(a) have a distant visual acuity with or without correction of 6/12 (20/40) or better in each eye separately and binocular visual acuity of 6/9 (20/30) or better;
(b) be qualified to operate a vehicle equipped with a two-way radio communication system on the manoeuvring area of the aerodrome; and
(c) have received the training set out in section 824.26 of Standard 824 — Runway Visibility Assessment Standards.
- SOR/2006-199, s. 22
SUBPART 5 — Safety Management System
805.01 The safety management system required under section 107.02 in respect of an applicant for, or a holder of, an ATS operations certificate shall
(a) meet the requirements of Subpart 7 of Part I and section 805.02; and
(b) be under the control of the accountable executive appointed under paragraph 106.02(1)(a).
- SOR/2007-290, s. 13
Components of the Safety Management System
(a) a safety management plan that includes
(i) a safety policy that the accountable executive has approved and communicated to all employees,
(ii) the roles and responsibilities of personnel assigned duties under the safety management system,
(iii) performance goals and a means of measuring attainment of those goals,
(iv) a policy for the internal reporting of hazards, incidents and accidents, including the conditions under which immunity from disciplinary action will be granted, and
(v) a process for reviewing the safety management system to determine its effectiveness;
(b) procedures for reporting hazards, incidents and accidents to the appropriate manager;
(c) procedures for the collection of data relating to hazards, incidents and accidents;
(d) procedures for the exchange of information in respect of hazards, incidents and accidents among the operators of aircraft and the provider of air traffic services at an airport and the airport operator;
(e) procedures for analysing data obtained under paragraph (c) and during an audit conducted under subsection 805.03(3) and for taking corrective actions;
(f) training requirements for the accountable executive and for personnel assigned duties under the safety management system;
(g) procedures for making progress reports to the accountable executive at intervals determined by the accountable executive and other reports as needed in urgent cases; and
(h) procedures for involving employees in the implementation and ongoing development of the safety management system.
(2) The components specified in subsection (1) shall be set out in a manual or another document established by the holder of the ATS operations certificate that includes
(3) The Minister shall approve the manual or document if it contains the information and statement required under subsection (2).
- SOR/2007-290, s. 13
Quality Assurance Program
805.03 (1) The quality assurance program required under paragraph 107.03(g) in respect of an applicant for, or a holder of, an ATS operations certificate shall include a process for quality assurance that includes periodic reviews or audits of the activities authorized under a certificate and reviews or audits, for cause, of those activities.
(2) The holder of an ATS operations certificate shall ensure that records relating to the findings resulting from the quality assurance program are distributed to the appropriate manager for corrective action.
(3) The holder of an ATS operations certificate shall establish an audit system in respect of the quality assurance program that consists of the following:
(a) an initial audit conducted within 12 months after the day on which the ATS operations certificate is issued;
(b) an audit of the entire quality assurance program carried out every three years, calculated
(c) checklists of all activities carried out under the certificate;
(d) a record of each occurrence of compliance or non-compliance with the manual or any other document established under subsection 805.02(2) that is found during an audit referred to in paragraph (a) or (b);
(e) procedures for ensuring that each finding of an audit is communicated to the accountable executive;
(f) follow-up procedures for ensuring that corrective actions are effective; and
(g) a system for recording the findings of an audit referred to in paragraph (a) or (b), corrective actions and follow-ups.
(4) The audit referred to in paragraph (3)(b) shall be carried out in one of the following ways:
(5) The records resulting from a system required under paragraph (3)(g) shall be retained for the greater of
(6) The duties related to the quality assurance program that involve specific tasks or activities among the activities of an ATS operations certificate holder shall be fulfilled by persons who are not responsible for carrying out those tasks or activities unless
(a) the size, nature and complexity of the operations and activities authorized under the ATS operations certificate justify the fulfilling of those duties by the person responsible for carrying out those tasks or activities;
(b) the holder of the ATS operations certificate demonstrates to the Minister by means of a risk analysis, that the fulfilling of those duties by the person responsible for carrying out those tasks or activities will not result in an unacceptable risk to aviation safety; and
(c) the holder of the ATS operations certificate provides the Minister, in writing, with the information required under paragraphs (a) and (b).
- SOR/2007-290, s. 13
- SOR/2019-122, s. 19
- SOR/2019-295, s. 20
- Date modified: