Provision of Air Traffic Services in accordance with ATS Site Manual
801.08 No holder of an ATS operations certificate shall provide air traffic services at an operational location unless the services are provided in accordance with
(a) the ATS site manual; and
(b) in the case of air traffic control services, the Canadian Domestic Air Traffic Control Separation Standards.
Training and Competency of Flight Service Specialists
(a) has successfully completed
(b) has been certified by the holder of the certificate as being competent to perform those functions.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of a person who, under supervision, acts as a flight service specialist while undergoing
(3) The holder of an ATS operations certificate who operates a flight service station shall
(a) maintain, for each person who acts as a flight service specialist, a training record showing the place where and the date on which the person successfully completed the training referred to in paragraph (1)(a); and
(b) at the request of the Minister, provide the Minister with a copy of the training record of any person acting as a flight service specialist at that flight service station.
- SOR/2002-352, s. 7
- SOR/2007-290, s. 12
Provision of Air Traffic Services in Accordance with the ESCAT Plan
801.10 If the holder of an ATS operations certificate is notified by the Minister of National Defence of the implementation of the ESCAT plan, the certificate holder shall ensure that air traffic services are provided to aircraft in accordance with the contents of the plan.
- SOR/2002-352, s. 8
Subpart 2 — Aeronautical Telecommunications
802.01 In this Subpart, aeronautical telecommunications system includes radio navigation aids and aeronautical communications systems.
Aeronautical Telecommunications Systems
(2) No person shall perform a function related to the installation, maintenance or operation of any aeronautical telecommunications equipment unless the person has successfully completed training in the performance of that function and has been certified by the operator of the aeronautical telecommunications system as being competent to perform that function.
(3) A person who operates any equipment that is part of an aeronautical telecommunications system referred to in Annex 10 to the Convention shall, at the request of the Minister, provide the Minister with a copy of the documentation referred to in paragraph (1)(b).
(4) [Repealed, SOR/2020-151, s. 23]
- SOR/2020-151, s. 23
Subpart 3 — Aeronautical Information Services
Provision of Aeronautical Information Services
(2) No person shall provide aeronautical information services except in accordance with the standards set out in Annexes 4 and 15 to the Convention.
- SOR/2002-352, s. 9
Development and Publication of Instrument Procedures
803.02 No person shall publish or submit for publishing in the Canada Air Pilot an instrument procedure unless the procedure has been developed
(a) in accordance with the standards and criteria specified in the manual entitled Criteria for the Development of Instrument Procedures; and
(b) by a person who has successfully completed training in the interpretation and application of the standards and criteria specified in the manual entitled Criteria for the Development of Instrument Procedures, which training has been accepted by the Minister.
Subpart 4 — Aviation Weather Services and Assessment of Runway Visibility
Division I — Aviation Weather Services
Provision of Aviation Weather Services
(2) For the purpose of paragraph (1)(a), the words aerodrome and aircraft used in Annex 3 to the Convention have the same meaning as in subsection 3(1) of the Act.
(3) For the purpose of paragraph (1)(a), the expressions alternate aerodrome, control area and flight crew member used in Annex 3 to the Convention have the same meaning as in subsection 101.01(1).
(4) For the purpose of paragraph (1)(a), operator, used in Annex 3 to the Convention, has the meaning assigned by the definition air operator in subsection 101.01(1).
- SOR/2006-199, s. 22
- SOR/2019-119, s. 45
Division II — Meteorological Observations Measured By Automatic Instrumentation Of Wind, Temperature, Humidity Or Atmospheric Pressure
Division III — Runway Visibility
804.22 This Division applies to a person, other than a pilot who meets the requirements of section 602.131, who makes or reports an assessment of runway visibility at an aerodrome with the permission of the operator of the aerodrome.
- SOR/2006-199, s. 22
- Date modified: