Marginal note:Residence of members
10.1 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the members of the Commission shall reside in the National Capital Region as described in the schedule to the National Capital Act or within any distance of it that may be determined by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Residence of members — regional office
(2) If a regional office of the Commission is established under subsection 10(1.1), a member of the Commission who is designated for that region by the Governor in Council shall reside in that region and within any distance of that regional office that may be determined by the Governor in Council.
- 1991, c. 11, s. 79;
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1707.
Marginal note:By-laws of Commission
(a) respecting the calling of meetings of the Commission;
(b) respecting the conduct of business at meetings of the Commission, the establishment of special and standing committees of the Commission, the delegation of duties to those committees and the fixing of quorums for meetings thereof; and
(c) fixing the travel and living expenses to be paid to members.
Marginal note:By-law subject to Minister’s approval
(2) No by-law made under paragraph (1)(c) has any effect unless it has been approved by the Minister.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-22, s. 11;
- 2001, c. 34, s. 31(E);
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1708.
Objects, Powers, Duties and Functions
Marginal note:In relation to broadcasting
(2) The full-time members of the Commission and the Chairperson shall exercise the powers and perform the duties vested in the Commission and the Chairperson, respectively, by the Telecommunications Act or any special Act, as defined in subsection 2(1) of that Act, or by An Act to promote the efficiency and adaptability of the Canadian economy by regulating certain activities that discourage reliance on electronic means of carrying out commercial activities, and to amend the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Act, the Competition Act, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the Telecommunications Act.
(3) The members of the Commission may make by-laws
(a) respecting the establishment of special and standing committees of the members, the delegation of the powers, duties and functions of the members to those committees and the fixing of quorums for meetings of those committees; and
(b) providing that any act or thing done by those committees in the exercise of the powers or the performance of the duties and functions delegated to it are deemed to be an act or thing done by the members.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-22, s. 12;
- 1991, c. 11, s. 80;
- 1993, c. 38, s. 85;
- 2001, c. 34, s. 31(E);
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1709, c. 23, s. 69.
Marginal note:Annual report
13 The Commission shall, within three months after the end of each fiscal year, submit to the Minister a report, in such form as the Minister may direct, on the activities of the Commission for that fiscal year, and the Minister shall cause a copy of the report to be laid before each House of Parliament on any of the first fifteen days on which that House is sitting after the Minister receives it.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-22, s. 13;
- 1991, c. 11, s. 80.
14 [Repealed, 1991, c. 11, s. 80]
- Date modified: