Link to news about COVID-19 legislative measures
Justice Laws Website
Welcome to the Justice Laws Website, the online source of the consolidated Acts and regulations of Canada. This website provides access to federal Acts and regulations in both official languages, both language versions being equally authoritative.
The consolidations are generally updated every two weeks.
The site provides several important features.
- As of 2009-06-01, all consolidated Acts and regulations are "official"
- A side-by-side bilingual PDF version of consolidated Acts and regulations
- Point-in-time access to consolidated Acts and regulations
- Links to "Amendments Not in force" and "Related Provisions"
- Shading of provisions in original enactments that are not yet in force
Frequently Accessed Acts
- Access to Information Act PDF: 773 kB
- Canada Elections Act PDF: 3826 kB
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit Act PDF: 146 kB
- Canada Labour Code PDF: 2203 kB
- Competition Act PDF: 1111 kB
- Contraventions Act PDF: 329 kB
- Controlled Drugs and Substances Act PDF: 692 kB
- Copyright Act PDF: 1213 kB
- COVID-19 Emergency Response Act PDF: 563 kB
- COVID-19 Emergency Response Act, No. 2 PDF: 287 kB
- Criminal Code PDF: 7412 kB
- Divorce Act PDF: 940 kB
- Financial Administration Act PDF: 1105 kB
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act PDF: 1187 kB
- Income Tax Act PDF: 20517 kB
- Interpretation Act PDF: 306 kB
- Pension Act PDF: 612 kB
- Privacy Act PDF: 535 kB
- Youth Criminal Justice Act PDF: 1058 kB
Frequently Accessed Regulations
- Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations PDF 1513 kB
- Federal Child Support Guidelines PDF 1701 kB
- Food and Drug Regulations PDF 12995 kB
- Income Tax Regulations PDF 7738 kB
- Income Support Payment (Excluded Nominal Income) Regulations PDF 89 kB
- Income Support Payment Amount Regulations PDF 88 kB
- Migratory Birds Regulations, 2022 PDF 909 kB
Unless otherwise indicated:
The Minister of Justice has published in the Canada Gazette the list of provisions that were repealed on December 31, 2022, by the operation of section 3 of the Statutes Repeal Act.
List of repeals
The Department of Justice has added the 2022 corrections to the report listing typographical and grammatical corrections made under paragraph 27(c) of the Legislation Revision and Consolidation Act.
Corrections report (2022)
The Minister of Justice tabled the 2023 Annual Report prepared in accordance with the Statutes Repeal Act in the House of Commons on January 31st, 2023 and in the Senate on January 31st, 2023.
2023 Annual Report
2023 Annual Report (PDF [725 KB])
A consolidation of Constitution Acts, 1867 to 1982 using the French version contained in the 1990 Report of the French Constitutional Drafting Committee is now available.
Update to Constitutional Documents
- Date modified: