Marginal note:Notice of defect
10 (1) A company that applies a national safety mark to any vehicle or equipment, sells any vehicle or equipment to which a national safety mark has been applied or imports any vehicle or equipment of a class for which standards are prescribed shall, as provided for in the regulations, give notice of any defect in the design, manufacture or functioning of the vehicle or equipment that affects or is likely to affect the safety of any person to
Marginal note:Notice already given
(2) A company is not required to give notice of a defect
Marginal note:Subsequent notice
(2.1) If the Minister determines that a defect has not been corrected in an adequate number of vehicles or equipment for which notice was given under subsection (1), the Minister may, by order, require the company to provide, in accordance with any conditions specified in the order, a subsequent notice to those persons who have not had the defect corrected. In making this determination, the Minister shall take into consideration, among other things,
Marginal note:Unknown owner
(3) If the Minister is satisfied that the current owner of a vehicle or equipment cannot reasonably be determined by a company,
Marginal note:Power to order
(4) The Minister may, by order, require any company that applies a national safety mark to any vehicle or equipment, sells any vehicle or equipment to which a national safety mark has been applied or imports any vehicle or equipment of a class for which standards are prescribed to give notice of a defect in the manner specified in the order, if the Minister considers that it is in the interest of safety.
Marginal note:Statutory Instruments Act
Marginal note:Particulars to provincial authorities
(5) Forthwith on receiving any notice under subsection (1), the Minister shall forward full particulars of the notice to the minister or other officer responsible for motor vehicle administration in each province.
(6) and (7) [Repealed, 2014, c. 20, s. 221]
- 1993, c. 16, s. 10;
- 2014, c. 20, s. 221.
- Date modified: