Meat Inspection Regulations, 1990
27 (1) An application for the registration of an establishment for one or more of the following activities shall be made to the Executive Director for the area in which the establishment is or is to be located, in a form approved by the Director:
(a) the slaughter of food animals;
(b) the processing of meat products;
(c) the inspection of imported or detained meat products requiring refrigeration or freezing;
(d) the inspection of imported or detained meat products not requiring refrigeration or freezing;
(e) the packaging and labelling of meat products;
(f) the refrigeration, freezing and storage of refrigerated and frozen meat products; and
(g) the storage of meat products not requiring refrigeration or freezing.
(2) An application referred to in subsection (1) shall have annexed thereto detailed plans and specifications of the establishment.
(3) If an establishment in respect of which an application referred to in subsection (1) has been made complies with the requirements prescribed by section 28, the Director shall register the establishment in the Register of Establishments of the Agency and shall assign it a registration number.
(4) The registration of an establishment for an activity set out in subsection (1)
(5) The Director may cancel the registration of an establishment where the establishment ceases to comply with section 28.
(6) No registration of an establishment shall be cancelled under subsection (5) unless
(a) an inspector has notified the operator that the establishment has ceased to comply with section 28;
(b) a copy of an inspection report has been delivered to the owner of the registered establishment and to the operator, where the owner is not the operator,
(c) the establishment has not been brought into compliance with the provisions of section 28 referred to in subparagraph (b)(i) within the period of time specified in the inspection report;
(d) the owner of the registered establishment has been given an opportunity to be heard in respect of the cancellation; and
(e) a Notice of Cancellation of Registration in a form approved by the Director is delivered to the owner of the registered establishment.
- SOR/2000-184, ss. 73, 80;
- SOR/2001-167, s. 4;
- SOR/2003-6, s. 84;
- SOR/2004-280, s. 7;
- SOR/2011-205, s. 43(F).
- Date modified: