35 These Regulations come into force on the day on which they are registered.
3 These Regulations do not apply to government vessels and vessels owned or operated by a foreign state when they are being used only in government non-commercial services.
2 (1) Except as otherwise provided, any reference in these Regulations to a document is a reference to the document as amended from time to time.
(2) For the purpose of interpreting a document incorporated by reference into these Regulations, “should” is to be read as “must” and recommendations are mandatory.
(3) Any reference in these Regulations to the authorized representative of a vessel, means, in the case of a pleasure craft, the operator of the craft.
(4) Any reference in these Regulations to a certified vessel is to be read as a reference to
4 (1) The authorized representative of a vessel must ensure that the requirements of these Regulations are met in respect of the vessel.
(2) The master of a vessel must ensure that the operational requirements of these Regulations are met in respect of the vessel.
(3) If the route of the vessel involves navigation in more than one shipping safety control zone and these zones are adjacent, the master of the vessel is only required to comply with subsection (1) before entering the first zone.