3 (1) Except as otherwise provided, these Regulations apply in respect of the following vessels if they are designed or constructed to carry ballast water:
(2) These Regulations apply in respect of vessels referred to in subsection (1) that are capable of engaging in the drilling for, or the production, conservation or processing of, oil or gas, except vessels that are on location and engaged in one of those activities in an area referred to in
(3) These Regulations do not apply in respect of
(4) For greater certainty, these Regulations apply to the management of any quantity of ballast water that may be released from a vessel.
28 These Regulations come into force on the day on which they are registered.
2 (1) Except as otherwise provided, any reference in these Regulations to a document is a reference to the document as amended from time to time.
(2) For the purpose of interpreting a document incorporated by reference into these Regulations,
1 (1) The following definitions apply in these Regulations.
(2) For the purposes of these Regulations, a reference to the authorized representative of a pleasure craft that is not a Canadian vessel is to be read as a reference to the owner and operator of the pleasure craft.
11 (1) Despite regulation B-3 of the Annex, a vessel constructed before the day on which these Regulations come into force is not required to conduct ballast water management to meet the ballast water performance standard until September 8, 2024, and a vessel constructed before January 1, 2009 is not required to conduct ballast water management to meet that standard until September 8, 2030, if the vessel is operated exclusively