NOTE:These parameters are defined in sections 19 and 20 of the Pulp and Paper Effluent Regulations.
1 These Regulations may be cited as the Pulp and Paper Effluent Regulations.
5 (1) If a sample of effluent from an outfall structure fails a test conducted in accordance with paragraph 4(1)(a) of this Schedule or subparagraph 32(3)(a)(i) or 38(3)(a)(i) of these Regulations, each of the subsequent weekly samples collected from that outfall structure in accordance with section 3 shall be subjected to a test conducted in accordance with section 6 of Reference Method EPS 1/RM/13 Second Edition.
10 (1) For the purpose of monitoring the volume of effluent in the case of a mill whose effluent is described in subsection 1(1), the volume of effluent that is deposited through each outfall structure during each daily period shall be determined using the monitoring equipment referred to in paragraph 8(1)(b) of these Regulations.
(3) If sampling is conducted using the equipment referred to in subsection (2), the requirements of subsections 8(2) and (3) of these Regulations apply in respect of that equipment.
16 (1) For the purpose of monitoring the volume of effluent, the volume of each of the effluents referred to in section 15 shall, during each daily period that a sample is collected in accordance with that section, be determined as follows:
(a) if samples are collected in accordance with section 6 using equipment referred to in subsection 15(2), by using equipment that is installed, maintained and calibrated so that it permits the determination of the volume of the effluent using a method that accords with generally accepted engineering principles, such as a method referred to in paragraph 8(1)(b) of these Regulations; and
(2) If the volume of effluent is determined using equipment referred to in subsection (1), the requirements of subsections 8(2) and (3) of these Regulations apply in respect of that equipment.
3 (1) In the case of an owner or operator of a mill referred to in paragraph 15(1)(a) of these Regulations who seeks an authorization,
(2) In the case of an owner or operator of a mill referred to in paragraph 15(1)(b) of these Regulations who seeks an authorization,
4 (1) In respect of a mill, if the owner or operator seeks authority to combine treated effluent with other effluent before the combined effluent is deposited, the following information is required:
(b) a detailed description of the water conservation program referred to in paragraph 17(1)(b) of these Regulations, including information on the facilities constructed and procedures implemented and planned for the purpose;
(2) The information required by paragraphs (1)(c) to (f) shall be given on the basis of
(b) an estimate of the average of the results of tests that would be conducted in accordance with these Regulations for the 12 months after the water conservation program is instituted.
(2) The emergency response plan shall be prepared no later than
(b) the day on which the mill becomes subject to these Regulations, if that day is after the period referred to in paragraph (a).
(4) If a mill has not been subject to the requirements of these Regulations for more than one year, a new emergency response plan shall be prepared on the day on which the mill again becomes subject to these Regulations.