2 (1) These Regulations apply in respect of
(2) These Regulations do not apply in respect of
1201 These Regulations come into force on the day on which they are registered.
1 (1) The definitions in this subsection apply in these Regulations.
(2) For the purposes of these Regulations,
(4) A provision in the American Boat and Yacht Council standards referred to in these Regulations that is expressed as a recommendation shall be read as a requirement unless it is incompatible with the vessel’s construction.
(5) Except as otherwise indicated in these Regulations, any reference in these Regulations to a document is a reference to that document as amended from time to time.
(6) In the event of an inconsistency between a provision in a document incorporated by reference and a provision in these Regulations, the provision in these Regulations shall prevail.
807 A compliance notice is not required for a vessel other than a pleasure craft in the following cases:
(a) the vessel’s construction or reconstruction starts, or its importation or change of use occurs, within one year after the day on which these Regulations come into force;
(b) the vessel’s construction or reconstruction starts, or its importation or change of use occurs, more than one year after the day on which these Regulations come into force, and
(5) Subsection (4) does not apply in respect of a pleasure craft that was the subject of an initial transfer of ownership in Canada before the day on which these Regulations came into force.
(7) Subsections (1) to (5) do not apply in respect of a vessel, other than a pleasure craft, whose date of construction, manufacture, rebuilding or importation is on or before the day on which these Regulations come into force or within one year after that day.