Ozone-depleting Substances and Halocarbon Alternatives Regulations
Version of section 56 from 2016-12-30 to 2018-04-15:
Marginal note:Consumption allowance not to be exceeded
56 (1) A person who is granted an annual consumption allowance must ensure that it is not exceeded by determining their calculated level of consumption for each HCFC for a calendar year, and then adding together all of their calculated levels of consumption.
Marginal note:Calculated level of consumption
(2) The calculated level of consumption for each HCFC — excluding HCFCs that were recovered, recycled or reclaimed when they were imported or exported — that is manufactured, imported or exported during a calendar year must be determined using the following formula:
[(M × ODP) + (I × ODP) – (E × ODP) – (Di × ODP) – (FSi × ODP)]
- is the quantity manufactured during the calendar year;
- is the ozone-depleting potential set out in column 2 of Table 3 of Schedule 1 for the HCFC in question;
- is the quantity imported during the calendar year;
- is the quantity exported during the calendar year;
- is the quantity imported during the calendar year for destruction under paragraph 54(1)(a); and
- is the quantity imported during the calendar year to be used as feedstock.
- Date modified: