Narcotic Control Regulations
53 (1) No practitioner shall administer a narcotic to a person or animal, or prescribe, sell or provide a narcotic for a person or animal, except as authorized under this section.
(2) Subject to subsection (4), a practitioner may administer a narcotic to a person or animal, or prescribe, sell or provide it for a person or animal, if
(a) the person or animal is a patient under their professional treatment; and
(b) the narcotic is required for the condition for which the person or animal is receiving treatment.
(3) [Repealed, SOR/2018-37, s. 6]
(4) A practitioner of dentistry or veterinary medicine shall not administer diacetylmorphine (heroin) to an animal or to a person who is not an in-patient or out-patient of a hospital providing care or treatment to persons, and shall not prescribe, sell or provide diacetylmorphine (heroin) for an animal or such a person.
(5) [Repealed, SOR/2018-147, s. 16]
- SOR/85-930, s. 7
- SOR/99-124, s. 6
- SOR/2001-227, s. 71
- SOR/2004-237, s. 20
- SOR/2012-230, s. 22
- SOR/2013-119, s. 217
- SOR/2013-172, s. 7
- SOR/2016-230, ss. 269, 278
- SOR/2016-239, s. 6
- SOR/2018-37, s. 6
- SOR/2018-147, s. 16
- Date modified: