Health of Animals Regulations
(a) the person has obtained a certificate of a veterinary inspector or a certificate of an accredited veterinarian endorsed by a veterinary inspector issued before shipment that clearly identifies the livestock, poultry, animal embryos or animal semen and shows
(i) that a veterinary inspector or an accredited veterinarian has inspected the livestock, poultry, animal embryos or animal semen and found it to be free from any communicable diseases,
(ii) the date and place of inspection, and
(iii) where tests have been performed, the nature of each test and that the livestock, poultry, animal embryos or animal semen proved negative to such tests; and
(b) the importation requirements of the country to which the livestock, poultry, animal embryos or animal semen are exported have been complied with.
(1.1) Paragraph (1)(a) does not apply in respect of swine or ruminants exported to the United States for immediate slaughter.
(2) No person shall export animal semen out of Canada unless the semen, from the time it was collected, was stored in an animal semen production centre or other place approved by the Minister.
(3) No person shall export livestock, poultry, animal embryos or animal semen unless the certificate referred to in subsection (1) bears the mark of the official export stamp referred to in subsection (4).
(4) The official export stamp required by this section shall contain the words “Government of Canada — CANADIAN FOOD INSPECTION AGENCY — Gouvernement du Canada — AGENCE CANADIENNE D’INSPECTION DES ALIMENTS” and it shall be applied on a certificate only by a veterinary inspector or a person authorized by one.
(5) No person except a veterinary inspector or a person authorized by him shall have in his possession an official export stamp or any facsimile thereof.
(6) For the purpose of this section, animal embryo means a fertilized ovum of a mammal before it is implanted into a mammal.
(7) Paragraph (1)(a) and subsection (3) do not apply to a regulated animal, other than a porcine, if it is transported directly between Rainy River, Ontario and Sprague, Manitoba via the state of Minnesota by means of a conveyance that has had all exits by which the animal could leave the conveyance sealed by an official of the government of Canada or of the United States.
- SOR/79-839, s. 16
- SOR/83-899, s. 3
- SOR/85-689, s. 5
- SOR/94-491, s. 2
- SOR/97-85, s. 50
- SOR/97-292, s. 28
- SOR/97-478, s. 14(F)
- SOR/2000-184, s. 68
- SOR/2001-210, s. 5
- Date modified: