Rules of the Supreme Court of Canada
(2) The party requesting the taxation of costs shall serve on all parties who are liable to pay and file with the Registrar a notice of taxation in Form 83A together with a bill of costs in Form 83B.
(3) Within 10 days after service of the notice of taxation and bill of costs, a party who disputes the taxation of the bill of costs or one of its items shall serve on the party requesting the taxation and all other parties who are liable to pay, and file with the Registrar a response in letter form.
(4) Within five days after service of the response, the party requesting the taxation may serve on all parties who are liable to pay and file with the Registrar a reply in letter form.
(5) At the end of the time period referred to in subrule (4) or if a consent to taxation is filed, the Registrar shall issue a certificate of taxation.
(6) The certificate of taxation is final and conclusive as to all matters not objected to.
(7) When, pursuant to an order of the Court, a judge or the Registrar, a party who is entitled to receive costs is liable to pay costs to any other party, the Registrar may adjust the costs accordingly.
(8) The Registrar may direct the production of such books, papers and documents as the Registrar considers necessary to tax costs.
- Date modified: