Canadian Chicken Licensing Regulations
4 (1) Subject to sections 8 and 9, within 30 days after the receipt of a licence application in a form approved by CFC and the payment of the applicable fee set out in section 6, CFC shall issue a licence to a producer, producer-processor, primary processor, processor, dealer, retailer or transporter, engaged in the marketing of chicken in interprovincial or export trade.
(2) An application form referred to in subsection (1) must set out
(3) Every licence issued with an effective date after December 31, 2007 expires on December 31 of the fifth year after it was issued unless it is revoked before that day.
(4) If the holder of a licence fails, during the period of validity of the licence, to comply with a condition set out in subsection 5(1) or (3) in respect of chicken marketed under the licence, the expiration of the licence does not exempt that person from complying with that condition after the date of expiration of the licence.
(5) A licence issued under these Regulations is not transferable.
(6) If a licensee sells or otherwise disposes of or discontinues their business prior to the expiry of the licence, the licensee shall return the licence to CFC and CFC shall revoke the licence.
- SOR/2007-249, s. 3
- Date modified: