Government of Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada


Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations

Version of section 207 from 2006-03-22 to 2010-11-03:

Marginal note:Applicants in Canada

 A work permit may be issued under section 200 to a foreign national in Canada who

  • (a) is a member of the live-in caregiver class set out in Division 3 of Part 6 and meets the requirements of section 113;

  • (b) is a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class set out in Division 2 of Part 7;

  • (c) is a protected person within the meaning of subsection 95(2) of the Act;

  • (d) has applied to become a permanent resident and the Minister has granted them an exemption under section 25 of the Act; or

  • (e) is a family member of a person described in any of paragraphs (a) to (d).

Date modified: