On-Road Vehicle and Engine Emission Regulations
[Σ (A x B)]/C
- is the NOx emission standard for each full useful life emission bin,
- is the number of vehicles in the fleet that conform to that NOx emission standard, and
- is the total number of vehicles in the fleet.
(2) The average NOx value for the fleet shall be rounded to the same number of significant figures that are contained in the total number of vehicles in the fleet in the denominator in subsection (1), but to at least three decimal places.
(3) If a company’s fleet includes any hybrid electric vehicle that is covered by an EPA certificate, the average NOx value calculated under subsection (1) may be lowered by applying one or more hybrid electric vehicle NOx contribution factors as long as
(4) Subject to subsection (5), in respect of any of its vehicles that conform to a NOx emission standard for an extended useful life of 15 years or 240,000 km (150,000 miles), a company may, in the equation in subsection (1), replace that standard, for each of those vehicles, with that standard multiplied by 0.85, rounded to at least three decimal places.
(5) A company may only replace a NOx emission standard as described in subsection (4) if the vehicle complies with any standards that may be applicable at the intermediate useful life.
(6) In respect of the 2004 and 2005 model years, a company may multiply by 2 the number of vehicles that conform to full useful life emission bin 1, and multiply by 1.5 the number of vehicles that conform to full useful life emission bin 2, when calculating one of the following:
(7) When calculating the average NOx value under subsection (1) for a fleet of the 2004 model year, a company may include all vehicles of that model year, including those whose main assembly was completed before January 1, 2004.
- SOR/2013-8, s. 11(E)
- Date modified: