Motor Vehicle Restraint Systems and Booster Seats Safety Regulations
Marginal note:Authorization by Minister
101 (1) For the purposes of subsection 3(2) of the Act, the Minister may, in the form set out in Schedule 1, authorize a company to apply the national safety mark to a restraint system or booster seat and to any accompanying documentation or any packaging.
Marginal note:Application for authorization
(2) A company that intends to apply the national safety mark to a restraint system or booster seat must apply to the Minister to obtain the authorization referred to in subsection (1).
Marginal note:National safety mark
(3) A company that applies the national safety mark to a restraint system or booster seat must reproduce the national safety mark as shown in Schedule 2, including the following information, in the locations indicated in that schedule:
(a) the authorization number assigned to the company by the Minister; and
(b) the number or numbers of the CMVSS to which the restraint system or booster seat conforms, namely,
(i) 213, in the case of a child restraint system,
(ii) 213.1, in the case of an infant restraint system,
(iii) 213.2, in the case of a booster seat,
(iv) 213.3, in the case of a mass-produced restraint system for disabled persons,
(v) 213.3, in the case of a custom restraint system for a disabled person that is designed to be used only in school buses, and
(vi) 213.5, in the case of a restraint system for infants with special needs.
(4) The national safety mark must be at least 50 mm in diameter and be stitched onto the restraint system or booster seat, indelibly moulded into or onto it, or indelibly printed on a label affixed to it in a permanent manner.
Marginal note:Visibility of national safety mark
(5) The national safety mark must, when applied to a restraint system or booster seat, be fully visible.
Marginal note:Location of national safety mark — removable base
(6) If a restraint system is manufactured with a removable base and the seating component of the restraint system is designed to be used in a vehicle with or without the base, the national safety mark must be applied to the seating component.
- Date modified: