Output-Based Pricing System Regulations
41 (1) Subject to subsection (2) and sections 41.1 and 41.2, the person responsible for an electricity generation facility must determine the GHG emissions limit that applies to the electricity generation facility for each compliance period, expressed in CO2e tonnes, in accordance with the formulaThe summation of the products of Aj and Bj for each industrial activity referred to in paragraphs 38(a) to (c) of Schedule 1 “j”, summed for each unit “i” within the facility
- is the gross amount of electricity generated during the compliance period quantified in accordance with section 32, for each unit “i” within the electricity generation facility, from each of the industrial activities set out in paragraphs 38(a) to (c), column 1, of Schedule 1 that is engaged in at the electricity generation facility;
- is the output-based standard applicable to each specified industrial activity set out in paragraphs 38(a) to (c), column 1, of Schedule 1 that are engaged in at each unit “i” and that is set out in column 3;
- is the ith unit, where “i” goes from 1 to n and where n is the total number of units within the electricity generation facility generating electricity using fossil fuels; and
- is the jth activity, where “j” goes from 1 to m and where m is the total number of industrial activities set out in paragraphs 38(a) to (c), column 1, of Schedule 1 that are engaged in at the facility.
Marginal note:Output-based standard — exception
(2) The output-based standard applicable to the industrial activity set out in paragraph 38(a), column 1, of Schedule 1 applies to a unit if it generates electricity using liquid or gaseous fuel and it
(a) is registered under the Reduction of Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Coal-fired Generation of Electricity Regulations; and
(b) used solid fuel to generate electricity in 2018.
- Date modified: