Fishery (General) Regulations
27 (1) Subject to section 28, no person shall set, operate or leave unattended in the water any fishing gear other than mobile gear or handlines unless the gear is marked in accordance with subsections (2) to (6) with
(2) The vessel registration number or name referred to in subsection (1) shall be painted on or otherwise securely affixed to a tag, float or buoy attached to the gear and be legible and readily visible at all times without the necessity of raising the gear from the water or, where the water is ice covered, without the necessity of removing any snow or ice.
(3) The numerals in a vessel registration number referred to in paragraph (1)(a) shall be solid block Arabic numerals
(4) The letters forming a name referred to in paragraph (1)(b) shall be solid block capital letters in Roman characters
(5) The tag, float or buoy referred to in subsection (2) shall have displayed on it only one vessel registration number or one name, as the case may be.
(6) A tag, float or buoy referred to in subsection (2) shall
- SOR/95-242, s. 3
- Date modified: