Canadian Aviation Regulations
(a) appoint a person to be responsible for all the activities performed under this Subpart and specified in the manual;
(b) ensure that the person appointed has acquired experience in the areas of responsibility set out in subsection 561.04(1) of Standard 561; and
(c) ensure that the person appointed demonstrates to the Minister, within 30 days after their appointment, knowledge of the topics set out in subsection 561.04(2) of Standard 561.
(2) The Minister shall conduct an interview, in accordance with subsection 561.04(3) of Standard 561, to assess the appointed person’s knowledge of the topics referred to in paragraph (1)(c).
(3) The Minister shall notify the person appointed of the results of the assessment and, if applicable, identify any deficiencies in their knowledge of the topics within ten days after the interview.
(4) A person who, at the time this section comes into force, is already performing the functions referred to in paragraph (1)(a) may be appointed under that paragraph without meeting the requirements of paragraphs (1)(b) and (c).
(5) The holder of a manufacturer certificate shall provide the person appointed with the authority and the financial and human resources necessary to ensure that the requirements of this Subpart are met.
(6) The person appointed may assign responsibility for the management of specific activities, systems or programs required by this Subpart to other persons, provided that the assignments and the scope of the assigned responsibilities are specified in the manual.
(7) The holder of a manufacturer certificate shall ensure that no person is appointed under paragraph (1)(a) or remains responsible for the activities referred to in that paragraph if, at the time of their appointment or during their tenure, they have a record of conviction for
- SOR/2005-348, s. 4
- Date modified: