Canadian Aviation Regulations
561.07 (1) The holder of a manufacturer certificate shall establish, maintain and require the use of a manual that must include the information set out in section 561.07 of Standard 561 and that sets out policies and procedures respecting the construction and inspection of the aeronautical products specified in the manufacturer certificate.
(2) Subject to subsection (4), the person appointed under paragraph 561.04(1)(a) shall ensure that any person who performs work under a manufacturer certificate complies with the manual.
(3) Subject to subsection (4), any person who performs work under a manufacturer certificate shall comply with the manual.
(4) Subject to the following conditions, the holder of a manufacturer certificate and any person who performs work under a manufacturer certificate may temporarily be authorized to use alternative policies and procedures to comply with subsections (2) and (3):
(a) they have determined that, as a result of unforeseen or temporary circumstances, compliance with the manual would be impossible or unreasonable;
(b) they believe on reasonable grounds that the safety of the aeronautical product can be achieved by complying with the alternative policies and procedures;
(c) they have notified the Minister in writing; and
(d) the Minister has notified them in writing that they can use those alternative policies and procedures.
(5) The holder of a manufacturer certificate shall submit the manual and any subsequent amendment to the Minister for approval.
(6) The Minister shall approve the manual and any subsequent amendment if they meet the requirements of this Subpart and Standard 561.
(7) If the manual no longer meets the requirements of this Subpart or Standard 561, the holder of a manufacturer certificate shall
(8) The person who has been assigned the responsibility under subsection 561.04(6) shall amend each copy of the manual within 30 days after receiving the Minister’s approval of an amendment to it.
(9) A manual may incorporate other documents by reference if it includes policies and procedures to control the incorporated material.
(10) The person appointed under paragraph 561.04(1)(a) shall ensure that any part of the manual or incorporated document that is relevant to the work to be performed is made available to each person who performs that work.
- SOR/2005-348, s. 4
- SOR/2015-160, s. 25(F)
- Date modified: