Canadian Aviation Regulations
706.08 (1) An air operator shall establish, maintain and authorize the use of a maintenance control manual (MCM) that contains information to ensure the efficiency of the maintenance control system, as set out in the Commercial Air Service Standards.
(2) The Minister may authorize the incorporation by reference in an MCM of detailed procedures manuals prepared by the air operator, where
(a) the policies affecting the detailed procedures remain in the MCM;
(b) the incorporation is clearly indicated in the MCM;
(c) the air operator ensures that the incorporated manuals meet the requirements of this section; and
(d) the person responsible for the air operator’s maintenance control system, or the person to whom the management function has been assigned pursuant to subsection 706.03(3), has certified in writing that the incorporated manuals meet the requirements of this section.
(3) Except where otherwise authorized by the Minister in writing where it is demonstrated that the granting of the authorization will not jeopardize the safety of the product or service, an air operator shall comply with the policies and procedures contained in its MCM.
(4) An air operator shall submit each page of its MCM to the Minister for approval, either individually or in accordance with an equivalent procedure that meets the applicable requirements of the Commercial Air Service Standards.
(5) An air operator shall amend its MCM when instructed to do so by the Minister where
(6) An air operator shall provide the means to ensure that a current copy of its MCM, or of the relevant portions of its MCM, is made available to each person who performs or certifies a function that is dealt with in the MCM or in any manual that is incorporated in the MCM in accordance with subsection (2).
(7) An air operator shall amend each copy of its MCM within 30 days after the approval of an amendment pursuant to subsection (4).
(8) The Minister shall approve an air operator’s MCM, and any amendments to that manual, if the requirements of the Commercial Air Service Standards are met.
- SOR/2000-389, s. 2
- Date modified: