21 (1) Subject to subsection (7), the names for mixed fertilizers that contain any major plant nutrient shall include the grade designation in the manner required by subsection (3).
(2) In addition to the requirements of subsection (1), the names for fertilizers that contain a pesticide shall include as a suffix the amount of the active ingredient of the pesticide in the fertilizer expressed as a percentage followed by the name of the pesticide.
(3) A grade designation shall be stated as a hyphenated numerical series and, in the case of mixed fertilizers other than customer-formula fertilizers, the numerals shall be in whole numbers only.
(4) When a grade designation is used on the label of any fertilizer, the numerals shall represent minimum guarantees expressed in per cent for total nitrogen, available phosphoric acid and soluble potash, listed in that order.
(5) A label showing the name of a tobacco fertilizer shall include the words
(a) “flue-cured tobacco”, where the fertilizer is intended for flue-cured tobacco production; or
(b) “burley tobacco”, where the fertilizer is intended for burley tobacco production.
(6) The name of a mixed fertilizer shall not include the names or designation of any type or types of soil.
(7) Specialty fertilizers represented for daily feeding and not represented for further dilution shall not be required to have the grade designation stated as part of the name.
- SOR/79-365, s. 16
- SOR/95-548, s. 4
- Date modified: