5 (1) In this section, application means an application for registration of a fertilizer or supplement and applicant means a person who makes an application.
(2) Every application shall be made to the President of the Agency in the form set out in Schedule III.
(3) Every application shall be accompanied by three copies of the label that is intended to be used for the fertilizer or supplement to which the application relates and such other information as is necessary to determine the safety, merit and value of such fertilizer or supplement.
(4) [Repealed, SOR/96-424, s. 1]
(5) Every application in respect of a fertilizer or supplement shall contain a guaranteed analysis of the fertilizer or supplement as prescribed in section 15.
(5.1) and (5.2) [Repealed, SOR/2004-80, s. 11]
(6) Where an application is made by an applicant who is not resident in Canada, the fertilizer or supplement to which the application relates is not eligible for registration unless the application is also signed by an agent of the applicant who is permanently resident in Canada and to whom any notice or correspondence under the Act may be sent and such agent gives an undertaking to the President of the Agency on the form set out in Schedule IV.
(6.1) An application for the registration of a fertilizer or supplement shall be refused if there are reasonable grounds to believe that the fertilizer or supplement does not conform to the requirements of the Health of Animals Act, or any regulations made under that Act, respecting products of a rendering plant, animal by-products, animal food, animal products or manure.
(7) Where an application for registration of a fertilizer or supplement is evaluated and the fertilizer or supplement is found to comply with the requirements of the Act and these Regulations, a registration number shall be assigned to that fertilizer or supplement and a certificate of registration shall be issued to the applicant.
(8) [Repealed, SOR/85-558, s. 4]
(9) Every certificate of registration expires 36 months after the day on which a registration number is assigned to the fertilizer or supplement.
- SOR/79-365, s. 5
- SOR/85-558, s. 4
- SOR/85-688, s. 1
- SOR/92-721, s. 1
- SOR/96-424, s. 1
- SOR/2000-184, s. 57
- SOR/2004-80, s. 11
- SOR/2006-147, s. 7
- SOR/2009-91, s. 1
- Date modified: