Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
Marginal note:Experience (15 points)
80 (1) Points shall be awarded, up to a maximum of 15 points, to a skilled worker for full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, within the 10 years before the date on which their application is made, as follows:
(a) 9 points for one year of work experience;
(b) 11 points for two to three years of work experience;
(c) 13 points for four to five years of work experience; and
(d) 15 points for six or more years of work experience.
Marginal note:Listed occupation
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), points are awarded for work experience in occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix.
Marginal note:Occupational experience
(3) For the purposes of subsection (1), a skilled worker is considered to have experience in an occupation, regardless of whether they meet the employment requirements of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, if they performed
(a) the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
(b) at least a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all the essential duties.
Marginal note:Work in excess
(4) A period of work experience that exceeds full-time work in one occupation, or simultaneous periods of work experience in more than one full-time occupation, shall be evaluated as a single period of full-time work experience in a single occupation.
Marginal note:Classification code
(5) A skilled worker must specify in their application for a permanent resident visa the four-digit code of the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations engaged in by the applicant and that constitutes the skilled worker’s work experience.
Marginal note:Officer’s duty
(6) An officer is not required to consider occupations that have not been specified in the application.
(7) [Repealed, SOR/2012-274, s. 9]
- SOR/2010-195, s. 7
- SOR/2012-274, s. 9
- Date modified: