Maritime Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
11 (1) An employee must not use a temporary structure on a vessel if it is reasonably practicable to use a permanent structure.
(2) An employee must not use a temporary structure unless
(a) they have been trained and instructed in its safe and proper use; and
(b) they have their employer’s authority to use it.
(3) Tools, equipment and materials used on a temporary structure must be arranged or secured in a manner that they cannot be knocked off the structure accidentally.
(4) A qualified person must make a visual inspection of the temporary structure before each work period in which a temporary structure is used by an employee.
(5) When a temporary structure is used on a vessel and that structure may be affected by the ingress and egress of the tide, a qualified person must make a visual inspection of the structure at the end of each tide cycle.
(6) If the inspection reveals a defect or condition that adversely affects the structural integrity or safe use of a temporary structure, a person must not use the structure until the defect or condition is remedied.
- Date modified: