Maritime Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
(2) All portable electric tools used by employees must meet the CSA Standard CAN/CSA-C22.2 NO. 71.1-M89 (R2004), Portable Electric Tools.
(3) All portable electric tools used by employees must be grounded except when the tools
(a) are powered by a self-contained battery;
(b) have a protective system of double insulation; or
(c) are used in a location where reliable grounding cannot be obtained if the tools are supplied from a double insulated portable ground fault circuit interrupter of the class A type that meets the standards set out in CSA Standard CAN/CSA-C22.2 NO. 144-M91 (R2006), Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters.
(4) All portable electric tools used by employees in a fire hazard area must be marked as appropriate for use or designed for use in a fire hazard area.
(5) If an air hose is connected to a portable air-powered tool used by an employee, a restraining device must be attached
(6) All explosive-actuated fastening tools used by employees must meet and be operated in accordance with the standards set out in CSA Standard Z166-1975, Explosive Actuated Fastening Tools.
(7) An employee must not operate an explosive-actuated fastening tool unless authorized to do so by their employer.
(8) All chain saws used by employees must meet the standards set out in CSA Standard CAN/CSA-Z62.1-03 (R2008), Chain Saws.
- SOR/2019-246, s. 309(F)
- Date modified: