Maritime Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
(2) A person must not operate materials handling equipment unless
(3) Materials handling equipment must not be operated on a gangway with a slope greater than the maximum slope recommended by the manufacturer of the equipment.
(4) A person must not leave materials handling equipment unattended unless the equipment has been properly secured to prevent it from moving.
(5) Every employer must establish a code of signals for the purposes of paragraph (2)(b) and must
(6) A signaller must not perform duties other than signalling while any materials handling equipment under their direction is in motion.
(7) If it is not practicable for a signaller to use visual signals, a telephone, radio or other signalling device must be provided by the employer for the signaller’s use.
- Date modified: