Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
10.18 (1) Before a ventilation system referred to in subsection 10.17(1) is operated for the first time in a work place, the employer shall set out in writing instructions pertaining to the inspection, testing and maintenance of that ventilation system.
(2) The instructions referred to in subsection (1) shall specify the nature and frequency of inspections, tests and maintenance to be performed on the ventilation system.
(3) The employer shall ensure that a qualified person
(a) carries out each inspection, testing and maintenance of the ventilation system in accordance with the instructions referred to in subsection (1); and
(b) makes and signs a report with respect to each inspection, test or maintenance work.
(4) A report referred to in paragraph (3)(b) shall
(a) include the date of the inspection, test or maintenance work performed by the qualified person;
(b) identify the ventilation system that was inspected, tested or maintained; and
(c) set out the safety observations of the qualified person in respect of the ventilation system.
(5) The employer shall keep at the work place at which the ventilation system is located a copy of
(a) the instructions referred to in subsection (1), and
(b) the most recent report referred to in paragraph (3)(b).
(6) The employer shall give to every employee who operates a ventilation system the necessary education and training for the safe and proper use of the system.
(7) The employer shall keep a paper or electronic record of the education and training given to every employee who operates a ventilation system for as long as the employee remains in the employer’s employ.
- SOR/96-294, s. 2
- SOR/2016-141, s. 6
- Date modified: