Air Transportation Regulations
8.2 (1) For the purposes of section 60 of the Act and subject to section 8.3, approval of the Agency is required before a person may provide all or part of an aircraft, with a flight crew, to a licensee for the purpose of providing an air service pursuant to the licensee’s licence and before a licensee may provide an air service using all or part of an aircraft, with flight crew, provided by another person.
(2) The person who provides an aircraft to a licensee and the licensee shall apply to the Agency for an approval referred to in subsection (1) at least 45 days before the first planned flight.
(3) The application shall include the following:
(a) in respect of the proposed air service, evidence that the appropriate licence authority, charter permit and Canadian aviation document and the liability insurance coverage referred to in subsection (4) and, where applicable, subsection (5) are in effect;
(b) the name of the licensee;
(c) if applicable, the name of the charterer or charterers and the charter program permit or authorization number;
(d) the name of the person providing the aircraft with flight crew;
(e) the aircraft type to be provided;
(f) the maximum number of seats and the cargo capacity of the aircraft to be provided and, where applicable, the maximum number of seats and the cargo capacity to be provided for use by the licensee;
(g) the points to be served;
(h) the frequency of service;
(i) the period covered by the proposed air service; and
(j) an explanation of why the use by the licensee of all or part of an aircraft with a flight crew provided by another person is necessary.
(4) The licensee shall maintain passenger and third party liability insurance coverage for a service for which another person provides an aircraft with flight crew, at least in the amounts set out in section 7,
(5) Where the licensee is named as an additional insured under the policy of the person referred to in subsection (4), there must be a written agreement between the licensee and the person to the effect that, for all flights for which the person provides aircraft with flight crew, the person will hold the licensee harmless from, and indemnify the licensee for, all passenger and third party liabilities while passengers or cargo transported under contract with the licensee are under the control of the person.
(6) The licensee and the person who provides the aircraft with flight crew shall notify the Agency in writing forthwith if the liability insurance coverage referred to in subsection (4) and, where applicable, subsection (5) has been cancelled or altered in any manner that results in failure by the licensee or the person to maintain the coverage.
- SOR/96-335, s. 4
- Date modified: