Historic Canals Regulations
(2) The superintendent may, on receipt of an application, issue a permit authorizing the applicant to dredge, fill or dredge and fill in a historic canal.
(3) A permit issued under subsection (2) shall specify
(4) The superintendent may issue a stop work order, a restore order or both to a person who
(5) Where the superintendent issues a stop work order to a person, the person shall comply with the stop work order until such time as the superintendent issues a restore order.
(6) Where the superintendent issues a restore order to a person, the person shall
(a) in the case of a person to whom a permit was issued, restore at the person’s risk and expense that part of the historic canal that was dredged, filled or dredged and filled, contrary to the terms and conditions of the permit, to the condition that it was in prior to the dredging, filling or dredging and filling or, where applicable, to the condition that was specified in the permit; and
(b) in the case of a person without a permit, restore at the person’s risk and expense the historic canal to the condition that it was in prior to the dredging, filling or dredging and filling.
- SOR/94-580, s. 2
- SOR/2002-191, s. 5(E)
- Date modified: