Telefilm Canada Act
R.S.C., 1985, c. C-16
An Act establishing Telefilm Canada
Marginal note:Short title
- R.S., 1985, c. C-16, s. 1;
- 2002, c. 17, s. 6.
2. In this Act,
- “Canadian feature film”
“Canadian feature film” and “Canadian feature film production”[Repealed, 2005, c. 14, s. 1]
« Société »
“Corporation” means Telefilm Canada, established by section 3;
- “film activity”
“film activity”[Repealed, 2005, c. 14, s. 1]
“film-maker”[Repealed, 2005, c. 14, s. 1]
- “film production”
“film production”[Repealed, 2005, c. 14, s. 1]
- “film technician”
“film technician”[Repealed, 2005, c. 14, s. 1]
« ministre »
“Minister” means such member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada as is designated by the Governor in Council as the Minister for the purposes of this Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-16, s. 2;
- 2002, c. 17, s. 7;
- 2005, c. 14, s. 1.
CONSTITUTION OF TELEFILM CANADA
Marginal note:Corporation established
3. There is hereby established a corporation, to be known as Telefilm Canada, consisting of six members to be appointed by the Governor in Council as provided in section 4 and the Government Film Commissioner appointed under the National Film Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-16, s. 3;
- 2002, c. 17, s. 8.
Marginal note:Appointment and tenure of office of members
4. (1) Each of the members of the Corporation, other than the Government Film Commissioner, shall be appointed to hold office for a term of five years, except that, of those members first appointed, three shall be appointed for a term of three years and three shall be appointed for a term of five years.
(2) The Governor in Council shall designate one of the members of the Corporation to serve as chairperson of the Corporation during pleasure and the chairperson may receive a yearly honorarium to be determined by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Eligibility for re-appointment
(3) A retiring member of the Corporation is eligible for re-appointment.
Marginal note:Filling vacancy
(4) When a member of the Corporation ceases to be a member before the end of the term for which he was appointed, the Governor in Council shall appoint a person to be a member of the Corporation for the remainder of that term.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-16, s. 4;
- 1995, c. 29, s. 20(E).
- Date modified: