Marginal note:Service pressure reports
8 A contractor shall, if the regulations so require, report at prescribed intervals to the director, in respect of any gas supplied by the contractor, such particulars of the service pressures as are prescribed.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 8.
9 (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), where a contractor or purchaser intends to use or cause to be used a meter for the purpose of obtaining the basis of a charge for electricity or gas supplied by or to him, the meter shall not, until it has been verified and sealed in accordance with this Act and the regulations, be put into service.
Marginal note:Temporary dispensation
(2) The director may grant permission for the putting into service, without verification and sealing or without sealing, of any meter or any class, type or design of meter on a temporary basis under such terms and conditions and for such period as the director stipulates.
Marginal note:Permanent dispensation
(3) The director may grant approval for the putting into service, without verification and sealing or without sealing, of any meter or any class, type or design of meter.
Marginal note:Director’s approval required for verification
(4) No meter shall be verified pursuant to this Act until it or the class, type or design of meter to which it belongs has received the approval of the director.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 9.
Marginal note:Accredited meter verifiers
10 Subject to the regulations, any person
(a) may, on making application in prescribed manner, be accredited by the director for purposes of the verification, sealing, reverification and resealing of any meter or any class, type or design of meter and the execution of prescribed incidental functions by that person or their employee, agent or mandatary; and
(b) shall, in the event of the granting of the application under paragraph (a), be issued with a certificate of accreditation in prescribed form by the director.
- R.S., 1985, c. E-4, s. 10;
- 2011, c. 21, s. 122.
Marginal note:Revocation of permission
11 (1) A permission granted under subsection 9(2) may, by notice given in prescribed manner, be revoked by the director for failure to comply with any of the terms or conditions on which the permission was granted.
Marginal note:Revocation of approval or accreditation
(2) Any approval granted under subsection 9(3) or (4) or accreditation granted under section 10 may, by notice given in prescribed manner, be revoked by the Minister for failure to comply with any conditions to which that approval or accreditation has been made subject in accordance with the regulations.
Marginal note:Requirement on revocation
(3) Where a permission under subsection 9(2) or an approval under subsection 9(3) is revoked, any meter that is in service pursuant to the permission or approval at the time of the revocation shall thereupon be taken out of service unless, in the case of revocation of an approval, the notice of revocation otherwise provides.
Marginal note:Right to make representations
(4) No permission under subsection 9(2), approval under subsection 9(3) or (4) or accreditation under section 10 shall be revoked unless
(a) notice of the proposal to revoke it has been given in prescribed manner;
(b) any interested person objecting to the proposal has been afforded reasonable opportunity to make representations with respect to his objection; and
(c) the representations, if any, so made have been taken into account in deciding whether to implement such proposal.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 11.
(a) the period of eight years from verification, and the period of eight years from each reverification, of a meter used for the purpose of obtaining the basis of a charge for electricity,
(b) the period of seven years from verification, and the period of seven years from each reverification, of a meter used for the purpose of obtaining the basis of a charge for gas, or
(c) such other period from any or each verification or reverification of a meter as may be determined in any case or class of cases by the director,
the meter shall be submitted to reverification, together with resealing or marking, or to cancellation of the seal or mark, as the case may require, under this Act and the regulations.
Marginal note:Where shorter period determined
(2) No period determined under paragraph (1)(c) for any reverification shall be shorter than the period specified therefor in paragraph (1)(a) or (b) unless the director so determines the period under paragraph (1)(c) with the approval of the Minister, in which event the director shall cause to be given, in prescribed manner and before a prescribed time prior to expiration of the period determined under paragraph (1)(c), notice that the reverification within the period so determined, instead of within the period so specified, is required.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 12.
Marginal note:Exercise of powers by inspector
13 The power to deal with a meter in any manner provided or referred to in section 12 or specified or authorized pursuant to paragraph 28(1)(c) or (d) may be exercised by an inspector, on the general or special instructions of the director, whether or not the meter may be or has been so dealt with by an accredited meter verifier.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 13.
14 On verification or reverification of a meter by an inspector or an accredited meter verifier who is not the owner of the meter, the inspector or meter verifier shall, in prescribed manner, issue to the owner a certificate containing prescribed particulars respecting the verification or reverification.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 14.
Marginal note:Persons authorized to deal with meters
Marginal note:Meter with broken seal
(2) Except as otherwise provided by or pursuant to this Act, no meter on which the seal has been broken shall be put into service or continued in use until it has been reverified and resealed.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 15.
Marginal note:Owner’s liability
16 (1) The owner of each verified meter that is in use shall keep it in good repair and is responsible for causing it to be dealt with in accordance with the requirements of this Act and the regulations, and, subject to those requirements, the owner is liable to pay any fees chargeable for dealing with the meter in accordance with those requirements.
Marginal note:Owner’s records
(2) An owner referred to in subsection (1) shall keep records containing such information related to the administration of this Act, in such form, at such place and for such period as may be prescribed.
- R.S., 1985, c. E-4, s. 16;
- 2011, c. 3, s. 4.
Marginal note:Records of accredited meter verifiers
17 Every accredited meter verifier shall keep records containing such information related to the administration of this Act, in such form, at such place and for such period as may be prescribed.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 17.
Marginal note:Examination of records
18 All records kept pursuant to sections 16 and 17 shall be open for examination by an inspector during normal business hours and the inspector may make such copies thereof or extracts therefrom as he may require.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 18.
Marginal note:Contractor to provide facilities for testing
19 Every contractor shall provide free of charge,
(a) where the supply of electricity is undertaken by him, electricity, equipment and all reasonable facilities, and
(b) where the supply of gas is undertaken by him, gas, equipment and all reasonable facilities,
at such place or places as the director may designate for the purpose of making such tests of the electricity or gas and of any of the meters and other apparatus relating to that supply as the director deems necessary for the purposes of this Act.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 19.
- Date modified: