19. to 21. [Repealed, 1998, c. 14, s. 94]
Marginal note:Surveys made by Canada Lands Surveyor under other Act
22. The provisions of sections 17, 18 and 23 apply, with any modifications that the circumstances require, to surveys under any other Act of Parliament, or any regulation made under such an Act, or any ordinance of the Northwest Territories or any law of the Legislature of Yukon or the Legislature for Nunavut if the Act, regulation, ordinance or law requires the surveys to be made by a Canada Lands Surveyor.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-6, s. 22;
- 1993, c. 28, s. 78;
- 1998, c. 14, s. 95, c. 15, ss. 32, 51;
- 2002, c. 7, s. 100.
Standard of Measure
Marginal note:Canadian measure of length
Marginal note:Means of measurement
(2) In any survey under this Act, a surveyor shall use
(a) a measuring device that is of a type approved by the Surveyor General and that is calibrated, checked and verified in accordance with the instructions of the Surveyor General; or
(b) other means of measurement of length, position or direction authorized by the Surveyor General under the circumstances that the Surveyor General may prescribe.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-6, s. 23;
- 1998, c. 14, s. 98(F).
SURVEYS OF CANADA LANDS
Definition of “Canada Lands”
24. (1) In this Part, “Canada Lands” means
(a) any lands belonging to Her Majesty in right of Canada or of which the Government of Canada has power to dispose that are situated in Yukon, the Northwest Territories, Nunavut or in any National Park of Canada and any lands that are
(i) surrendered lands or a reserve, as those expressions are defined in the Indian Act, other than reserve lands described in regulations made under section 4.1 of the First Nations Commercial and Industrial Development Act,
(ii) Category IA land or Category IA-N land, as defined in the Cree-Naskapi (of Quebec) Act, chapter 18 of the Statutes of Canada, 1984,
(iii) Sechelt lands, as defined in the Sechelt Indian Band Self-Government Act, chapter 27 of the Statutes of Canada, 1986,
(iv) settlement land, as defined in the Yukon First Nations Self-Government Act, and lands in which an interest is transferred or recognized under section 21 of that Act,
(v) lands in the Kanesatake Mohawk interim land base, as defined in the Kanesatake Interim Land Base Governance Act, other than the lands known as Doncaster Reserve No. 17, or
(vi) Tlicho lands, as defined in section 2 of the Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act; and
(b) any lands under water belonging to Her Majesty in right of Canada or in respect of any rights in which the Government of Canada has power to dispose.
Marginal note:Surveys of Canada Lands
(2) Surveys of Canada Lands shall be made in accordance with the instructions of the Surveyor General.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-6, s. 24;
- R.S., 1985, c. 20 (2nd Supp.), s. 4;
- 1993, c. 28, s. 78;
- 1994, c. 35, s. 35;
- 1998, c. 14, ss. 98(F), 100(F);
- 2000, c. 32, s. 49;
- 2001, c. 8, s. 24;
- 2002, c. 7, s. 101;
- 2005, c. 1, s. 98;
- 2010, c. 6, s. 9.
- Date modified: