Marginal note:Salary and expenses of President
(2) [Repealed, 2013, c. 40, s. 274]
Marginal note:Travel and other expenses
(3) The members of the Council, other than the President, shall serve without remuneration but each of those members is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and other expenses incurred while absent from his ordinary place of residence in the course of performing duties under this Act.
Marginal note:Remuneration for additional duties
(4) Notwithstanding subsection (3), a member of the Council, other than the President, shall, for any period during which the member performs with the approval of the Council any duties on its behalf in addition to his ordinary duties, be paid such remuneration therefor as may be authorized by the Council.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-15, s. 11;
- 2013, c. 40, s. 274.
Marginal note:Head office
12 The head office of the Council shall be at such place in Canada as may be designated by the Governor in Council.
- R.S., c. N-14, s. 10;
- 1976-77, c. 24, s. 56.
13 The Council shall meet at least three times a year at the times and places in Canada that the Chairperson may determine. The Chairperson presides at those meetings.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-15, s. 13;
- 2013, c. 40, s. 275.
Marginal note:Executive committee
Marginal note:Powers of executive committee
(2) The executive committee of the Council may exercise the powers of the Council and shall submit, at each meeting of the Council, minutes of the proceedings of that committee since the last preceding meeting of the Council.
- R.S., c. N-14, ss. 5, 11;
- 1976-77, c. 24, ss. 52, 57(F).
Marginal note:Agent of Her Majesty
Marginal note:Proceedings by and against the Council
(2) Actions, suits or other legal proceedings in respect of any right or obligation acquired or incurred by the Council on behalf of Her Majesty, whether in its name or in the name of Her Majesty, may be brought or taken by or against the Council in the name of the Council in any court that would have jurisdiction if the Council were not an agent of Her Majesty.
- R.S., c. N-14, s. 9.
Marginal note:Audit relating to Council
16 All the receipts and expenditures of the Council are subject to examination and audit by the Auditor General of Canada.
- R.S., c. N-14, s. 15;
- 1976-77, c. 34, s. 30(F).
Marginal note:Annual report to Parliament
17 The President shall, within four months after the termination of each fiscal year, transmit to the Minister a report of the operations of the Council for that fiscal year and the Minister shall cause that report to be laid before Parliament within fifteen days after the receipt thereof or, if Parliament is not then sitting, on any of the first fifteen days next thereafter that either House of Parliament is sitting.
- R.S., c. N-14, s. 16.
18. and 19 [Repealed, 1999, c. 31, s. 169]
- Date modified: