Shared Services Canada Act
S.C. 2012, c. 19, s. 711
Assented to 2012-06-29
An Act to establish Shared Services Canada
the Government of Canada wishes to standardize and consolidate, within a single shared services entity, certain administrative services that support government institutions; and
doing so will enable those services to be provided more effectively and will support the efficient use of public money;
Now, therefore, Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons, enacts as follows:
Marginal note:Short title
2. The following definitions apply in this Act.
« société d’État »
“Crown corporation” has the same meaning as in subsection 83(1) of the Financial Administration Act.
« ministère »
“department” has the same meaning as in section 2 of the Financial Administration Act.
« président »
“President” means the President of Shared Services Canada appointed under subsection 10(1).
DESIGNATION OF MINISTER
Marginal note:Power of Governor in Council
3. The Governor in Council may designate a member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada to be the Minister for the purposes of this Act.
4. A department is established, called Shared Services Canada, for the purpose of assisting the Minister in providing the services specified under section 6.
5. The Minister presides over Shared Services Canada and has the management and direction of it.
POWERS, DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
Marginal note:Governor in Council
6. The Governor in Council may specify
(a) the services that the Minister must provide through Shared Services Canada;
(b) the services that the Minister may provide through Shared Services Canada;
(c) the departments that must obtain a service that is specified under paragraph (a) exclusively from the Minister through Shared Services Canada and that are not permitted to meet their requirement for that service internally;
(d) the departments and Crown corporations to which the Minister is permitted to provide services through Shared Services Canada;
(e) the departments and Crown corporations to which the Minister is not permitted to provide services through Shared Services Canada; and
(f) terms and conditions respecting the provision of the specified services.
- Date modified: