Assented to 1995-06-22
An Act to establish the Veterans Review and Appeal Board, to amend the Pension Act, to make consequential amendments to other Acts and to repeal the Veterans Appeal Board Act
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:
Marginal note:Short title
2. In this Act,
« Tribunal »
“Board” means the Veterans Review and Appeal Board established by section 4;
« Bureau »
“Bureau” means the Bureau of Pensions Advocates continued by section 6.1 of the Department of Veterans Affairs Act;
“member”Version anglaise seulement
“member” means a permanent or temporary member of the Board;
« ministre »
“Minister” means the Minister of Veterans Affairs or such other member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada as may be designated by the Governor in Council as the Minister for the purposes of this Act;
“prescribed”Version anglaise seulement
“prescribed” means prescribed by the regulations.
- 1995, c. 18, s. 2;
- 2000, c. 34, ss. 94(F), 95(F).
3. The provisions of this Act and of any other Act of Parliament or of any regulations made under this or any other Act of Parliament conferring or imposing jurisdiction, powers, duties or functions on the Board shall be liberally construed and interpreted to the end that the recognized obligation of the people and Government of Canada to those who have served their country so well and to their dependants may be fulfilled.
ESTABLISHMENT OF BOARD
Marginal note:Establishment of Board
4. There is established an independent board, to be known as the Veterans Review and Appeal Board, consisting of not more than 25 permanent members to be appointed by the Governor in Council and any number of temporary members that are appointed under section 6.
- 1995, c. 18, s. 4;
- 2013, c. 40, s. 276.
Marginal note:Permanent members
5. (1) A permanent member holds office during good behaviour.
(2) A permanent member shall be appointed for a term not exceeding ten years and is eligible to be reappointed.
- Date modified: