4. (1) No person shall have in his possession in a migratory bird sanctuary
(a) any firearm; or
(b) any hunting appliance except as otherwise provided in these Regulations.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to any resident or person actually domiciled in a migratory bird sanctuary while that resident or person is in his residence or transporting any firearms or a hunting appliance to or from his residence.
(3) Subject to the Act and the Migratory Birds Regulations, the Minister may issue a permit authorizing any person to have firearms in their possession and to shoot and have in their possession migratory birds in such portion of a migratory bird sanctuary and during such time as are specified in the permit.
- SOR/2000-332, s. 2.
5. (1) No person who owns a dog or cat shall permit the dog or cat to run at large in a migratory bird sanctuary.
(2) A game officer may destroy any dog or cat found chasing or molesting migratory birds in a migratory bird sanctuary.
6. No person shall, from May 1st to August 31st in any year, climb or attempt to climb the cliffs on the north and east sides of Bonaventure Island or Percé Rock.
7. [Repealed, SOR/80-738, s. 1]
8. No person shall, in Vaseux Lake Bird Sanctuary, use a boat or other floating device that is equipped with any means of propulsion other than sails or oars except under authority of a permit.
8.1 During the period beginning on June l and ending on July 31 each year, no person shall enter the Machias Seal Island Bird Sanctuary in the Province of New Brunswick except under authority of a permit issued by the Minister.
- SOR/83-501, s. 1;
- SOR/85-704, s. 1;
- SOR/87-295, s. 1.
9. (1) The Minister may issue, or authorize any person to issue, any permit referred to in these Regulations.
(2) Every person who applies for a permit shall, if requested by the Minister, furnish such information in respect of the purpose for which the permit is requested as the Minister may require.
(3) Every permit shall be subject to such conditions as in the opinion of the Minister are necessary to protect migratory birds or the eggs, nests or habitat of migratory birds within a migratory bird sanctuary.
(4) The Minister may
(a) refuse to issue a permit to any person; or
(b) cancel any permit that has been issued to any person,
if, in his opinion, that person has failed to comply with the conditions set out in the permit or the activities being carried on by that person are likely to be harmful to migratory birds or the eggs, nests or habitat of migratory birds within a migratory bird sanctuary.
(5) Every permit expires on the expiry date set out therein or, where the permit does not contain an expiry date, on December 31st next following the day on which it was issued.
- Date modified: