11. (1) The profile shall show the elevation of the installation in relation to the loading and unloading track and any main track within 200 feet of the nearest tank on the said installation.
(2) A second profile is required where it is necessary
(a) to show the direction of drainage from the site; or
(b) to give a clear picture of major features of the installation.
12. The drawing shall show the location of the railway right-of-way, property fences, dikes, pipelines under roadways or railways, sewers, ditches, watercourses, highways and other similar structures that are on the installation site.
13. The notes or legend on the drawing shall include the following information:
(a) evidence that the Provincial Fire Marshal or other authority having jurisdiction in the surrounding area has no objection to the proposed installation; this evidence may take the form of a plan signature of the authority concerned, or by a letter addressed to the owning or operating company by such authority;
(b) a statement that the storage tank design shall be approved by the Pressure Vessel Inspection Branch of the provincial government concerned prior to fabrication of the tanks;
(c) size, contents, and water capacity in Imperial gallons of all storage tanks;
(d) type and construction of pumphouse, warehouse, compressor house, bottling house, and any other building on the site;
(e) type of motive power to be used for pumps or compressors; and
(f) whether the track or tracks serving the installation are team tracks or private tracks.
13.1 Where the Commission has, pursuant to section 6, granted leave to construct a storage facility for anhydrous ammonia, a copy of each drawing referred to in section 7 shall be kept by the railway for the life of the facility and retained for a least two years thereafter.
- SOR/85-469, s. 1.
14. (1) In no case shall an anhydrous ammonia storage tank be located less than 20 feet from any track. This distance shall be measured from the gauge side of the nearest rail to the nearest point on the tank shell.
(2) The following minimum distance from the gauge side of the nearest rail of the main track to the nearest point on the tank shell shall be observed:
Water Capacity (Imperial Gallons) at 60°F, Single Tank Minimum Distance (Feet) 0 to 2,000 20 2,001 to 10,000 50 10,001 to 25,000 75
(3) It is recommended that the distance of a storage tank from the right-of-way of a provincial highway be not less than one-half the distance prescribed in subsection (2).
- Date modified: