3. These Regulations apply to chlorine tank car unloading facilities located on the right-of-way owned or leased by any railway company subject to the jurisdiction of the Canadian Transport Commission.
4. A chlorine tank car unloading facility approved by an order of the Commission prior to July 31, 1965 shall be operated and maintained in accordance with these Regulations, but unless otherwise ordered by the Commission, it need not conform to those provisions of these Regulations pertaining to location, construction and design.
5. These Regulations do not apply to chlorine stationary bulk storage facilities; the erection of such facilities on the railway right-of-way is prohibited.
APPLICATIONS TO THE BOARD
6. (1) Except as provided in subsection (2), no chlorine unloading facility or part thereof shall be constructed until the Commission has approved the proposed location by an order.
(2) If the proposed facility complies in all respects with Parts II, III, IV and V, approval of the location need not be obtained before construction is undertaken, but shall be obtained before the facility is used.
7. (1) Application for approval to locate a chlorine unloading facility on the railway right-of-way shall be submitted through the railway company concerned to the Secretary of the Commission.
(2) Applications shall be accompanied by four copies of all drawings, prepared in compliance with the requirements of sections 8 to 13.
8. (1) A plan of the chlorine facilities and of other structures on the same site shall be drawn to a minimum scale of one inch to 50 feet.
(2) A plot plan showing the location of the chlorine facilities in relation to off-site structures shall be drawn to a minimum scale of one inch to 200 feet.
(3) A section as described in section 11 shall be drawn to a minimum scale of one inch to 20 feet.
9. All drawings shall be dated, bear an identification number and the name of the applicant, and be signed by the Chief Engineer or other official of the applicant or consulting company responsible for them.
10. Except as provided in paragraph 13(g), the plan shall show the location of the chlorine unloading rack and of the tank car, when it is in position for unloading, in relation to the following buildings, structures and boundary lines:
(a) within 2,000 feet, any building mentioned in paragraph 16(a);
(b) within 1,000 feet, any building mentioned in paragraph 16(b);
(c) within 500 feet, any building mentioned in paragraph 16(c);
(d) within 75 feet, any building or structure mentioned in section 15;
(e) all buildings and other structures occupying the same site as the chlorine unloading facility;
(f) railway right-of-way boundaries;
(g) boundary lines of the property on which the chlorine unloading facilities are located;
(h) the nearest fire hydrant;
(i) the gauge side of the nearest rail of the track serving the facility;
(j) within 50 feet, the gauge side of the nearest rail of any main track or the curb line of any main road or street; and
(k) within 20 feet, the gauge side of the nearest rail of any track other than a main track or the track serving the facility.
- Date modified: