16. On the request of the Minister and under any conditions that may be specified by him or her, the applicant shall make available to the Minister one or more devices of the class, type or design to which the application relates, together with any information, equipment, material and services that are required to evaluate the device for approval.
- SOR/2005-297, s. 41(F);
- SOR/2014-111, s. 11.
Notice of Approval
17. Where the Minister approves a class, type or design of device for use in trade, he shall issue to the applicant therefor a written notice of approval containing the following information:
(a) a description of the class, type or design of device approved;
(b) the date of approval;
(c) the approval number assigned to the class, type or design of device approved;
(d) where a class, type or design of device is approved for use in trade for a specific purpose only, the specific purpose for which it may be used and the purpose for which its use is prohibited;
(e) where a class, type or design of device is approved for use in trade in a specific manner only, the specific manner in which it may be used and the manner in which its use is prohibited;
(f) such information relating to specifications for installation or use of a device of the class, type or design approved as the Minister considers necessary;
(g) the markings that are required to be shown on a device of that class, type or design; and
(h) such other information as the Minister considers necessary.
- SOR/2005-297, s. 41(F).
Form of Marking of Devices
18. (1) With the exception of weighing devices to which the Specifications Relating to Non-automatic Weighing Devices (1998) apply, the information required by these Regulations to be marked on a device shall be marked
(a) on the device;
(b) on a plate or plates permanently affixed to the device;
(c) partly on the device and partly on a plate or plates that are permanently affixed to the device; or
(d) in the case of a device not large enough to accommodate the required information in the manner referred to in paragraph (a), (b) or (c), on a notice attached to or displayed in close proximity to the device.
(2) If information is marked on a plate, a suitable area of not less than 12 mm by 25 mm shall be left blank on the plate for the examination mark referred to in section 30 and the plate shall be made of a durable material and shall be located and mounted so that it can be stamped with a steel die.
(3) The information required by these Regulations to be marked on the device shall be shown in numbers or letters that are
(c) of a height reasonably appropriate to the size of the device and, unless otherwise specified in these Regulations or in specifications established by the Minister, in numbers or letters of not less than 3 mm or 1/8 inch in height; and
(d) located in such a place as to be readily legible by a person using the device under normal conditions of use.
(4) When numbers are used with letters or in place of letters on any marking on a device, the size and height of the numbers shall correspond to the size and height of the letters used or required to be used thereon by these Regulations.
- SOR/93-234, s. 2(F);
- SOR/98-115, s. 2;
- SOR/2005-130, s. 2;
- SOR/2014-111, s. 12.
- Date modified: