Domestic Bonds of Canada Regulations
C.R.C., c. 698
Regulations Respecting Domestic Bonds of the Government of Canada
2. In these Regulations,
“Bank” means the Bank of Canada; (Banque)
“bond” has the same meaning as “security” in the Financial Administration Act; (obligation)
- “registered owner”
(a) of a bond registered as to principal, means a person whose name has been entered by the Bank in the register as the person to whom the principal is payable, and
(b) of a bond registered as to principal and interest, means the person whose name has been entered by the Bank in the register as the person to whom the principal and interest are payable. (titulaire)
3. These Regulations apply in respect of all bonds except insofar as they are inconsistent with the terms of the bonds.
4. (1) The Bank shall maintain a register of bonds in accordance with these Regulations.
(2) The Bank shall, in accordance with these Regulations, register bonds, discharge the registration of bonds and give effect to transfers of bonds as may be required from time to time and may, subject to the terms upon which the bonds are issued, issue such bonds as may be required for these purposes or to give effect to the terms of outstanding bonds or these Regulations.
(3) Any duty, power or discretion imposed or conferred upon the Deputy Minister of Finance by the terms of bonds, which was imposed or conferred upon the Bank of Canada by Order in Council P.C. 5938 dated October 25, 1940, continues to be imposed and conferred upon the Bank and anything done by the Bank as registrar of bonds in accordance with these Regulations or any other regulations or laws applicable thereto continues to be and is as valid and effectual for all purposes as if done by the Deputy Minister of Finance.
(4) The Bank may authorize a person to act on its behalf for any of the purposes of these Regulations and, where the person so authorized is a corporation, its appropriate officers or employees shall be deemed to be authorized to act on behalf of the Bank.
Manner of Registration
5. (1) Where a person is to be registered as owner of a bond
(a) as to principal, the Bank shall enter in the register the particulars of the bond and the name of the person to whom the principal is payable; or
(b) as to principal and interest, the Bank shall enter in the register the particulars of the bond and the name and post office address of the person to whom the principal and interest are payable.
(2) Where the names of two or more persons are to be entered in the register as owners of a bond as to principal and interest, there shall be indicated by the owners only one address that is to be entered in the register which address shall be the registered address of all those persons for all purposes relating to the bond.
- Date modified: