10. (1) For the purposes of this section, “annual fishing plan” means a document that the Minister sends to a flag state setting out the species of fish that vessels of that flag state may be licensed to take in a stock area in a calendar year and the aggregate number of days for which vessels of that flag state may be authorized to fish for those species in that stock area.
(2) Section 9 does not apply in respect of an incidental catch of a species of fish taken by a vessel of a flag state in a stock area where the aggregate number of fishing days set out in the annual fishing plan for that species in that stock area has not been utilized.
- SOR/80-631, s. 3;
- SOR/87-185, s. 4;
- SOR/93-62, s. 6.
11. and 12. [Revoked, SOR/94-61, s. 1]
13. [Revoked, SOR/87-185, s. 4]
14. [Revoked, SOR/79-715, s. 7]
Closed Areas and Seasons
15. No person shall fish in any part of an area described in Column I of an item of Schedule V during the close time set out in Column II of that item.
- SOR/79-715, s. 8.
16. No person shall fish for or catch capelin inside or shoreward of a line beginning at Cape Freels in the Province of Newfoundland, THENCE to a point at 49°15′N. latitude and 52°54′W. longitude, THENCE to a point 48°20′N. latitude and 52°00′W. longitude, THENCE to a point at 47°28′N. latitude and 52°00′W. longitude, THENCE to a point at 46°42′N. latitude and 52°22′W. longitude, THENCE to a point at 46°12′N. latitude and 52°52′W. longitude, THENCE to a point at 46°12′N. latitude and 54°24′W. longitude and THENCE to Cape St. Mary’s in the Province of Newfoundland.
16.1 No person shall fish with a trawl net for squid, silver hake or argentine in Division 4VWX except in the portion of the Division that is enclosed by straight lines joining the following points, in the order in which they are listed:
|Point||North Latitude||West Longitude|
- SOR/78-753, s. 2;
- SOR/79-715, s. 9;
- SOR/93-62, s. 8.
- Date modified: